For most Australians, our smile is one of the key features of our face. Our smile also tells people about our personality and a smile goes a long way when asking for assistance, when you are broke down on the side of the road. People trust other people with a nice smile, and so any situation where we lose any of our teeth, is a great time for concern. If you lose your tooth or teeth, due to poor dental hygiene or maybe just in an accident, then there is help in the form of dental implants, to take all your worries away. There are many advantages to having dental implants and we will discuss some of them here today.
- Just Like Real Ones – When you do decide to have dental implants in Canberra, then you don’t have to worry that they will affect how you talk. With dentures or bridges, you run the risk of them slipping down and interfering with how you communicate. Dentures sometimes have to be adjusted when you are in mid conversation, just so you can pronounce a word, and this is very embarrassing, when with business colleagues or close friends. Dental implants function like natural teeth, so you don’t have any of these issues.
- Eat What You Like – When getting dentures, there are just some foods that you can’t have anymore, and we Australians, love our food. Being able to just bite into anything you want, is possible with dental implants. You don’t need to hesitate before you want to bite into something a little hard or sticky, just enjoy the great taste in the knowledge, that your dental implants are secure. You get to experience the great taste of food, that you don’t get when you choose dentures.
- No Cavities – With dental implants there is no such thing as a cavity. With an implant-restored crown, cavities are not possible, but you still need to attend your dental implant dentist, for regular cleaning and care of your teeth. Implants also make sure that your teeth stay in place where they should be. Dentures mean adjusting and moving, but with implants this is not an issue. Implants bond naturally with your jawbone, which gives you the assurance that they won’t move.
- Unnecessary Damage – When you get a bridge that is supported by the other teeth, for example, then this requires the grinding of teeth on either side of the missing tooth, which unnecessarily damages healthy teeth. Dental implants, however, are inserted into the jawbone where the missing tooth was before, and doesn’t damage your other healthy teeth. Dental implants make sure that the other teeth don’t shift, thus maintaining your natural smile.
- Tried And Tested – Dental implants are a proven, reliable way to repair or replace your missing teeth, and these kinds of implants are very predictable in nature. There have been many successful, long term procedures regarding implants, and you can rest assured of a very favourable outcome. With the right choice of implant dentist, getting dental implants has never been easier and more affordable.
Be sure to ask if your dentist has proper credentials, so that you have the piece of mind you require, when getting dental work done. This will allow you to maintain your beautiful smile.